About This Class
Knowing how to pitch and write for brands is key to a successful freelance writing career — and it’s never been more important than in today’s digital content-driven world.
In this 30-minute Skillshare class, Contently’s Brian Maehl breaks the process down into simple steps, so you can advance your writing career and get paid to create content that you’re proud to show in your portfolio.
Key lessons include:
- What content marketing is
- The basics of writing for, and working with brands
- Marketing yourself as a writer
- How to craft the perfect pitch to a brand
- Plus, a refresher on journalism ethics
Whether you’re already a freelancer or content marketer, or simply a writer looking to pick up a few gigs on the side, you’ll walk away with tangible next steps for pitching, writing, and building relationships with the brands you love.